Sunday, August 17, 2008

FOX40 Update


FOX40 is in store for a lot of changes that will be occurring slowly in the near future... First off we can expect new talent in the months. Reporters Michelle Liu and Melissa Remick are no longer with the station after contracts not being renewed. Rowena Shaddox has more live shots, Jamie Soriano and Bethany Crouch have traded morning/ evening positions. Tomorrow one of the new reporters will debut, Dennis Shanahan from CBS 13 has joined the station and heres what he left me in my inbox.

"I've completed my contract with CBS 13 (KOVR) and have accepted an offer from Fox 40. My last day at Channel 13 was July 31st. I start reporting at Fox 40 this week. The decision to leave KOVR was mine. I'd been a reporter there for about eight years, and the time was just right for a change. I kind of felt like I wasn't growing there any more. Fox 40 offered me a great opportunity to grow in a talented news department that's doing some really exciting things. It feels great to be joining the team. I can't wait to get started."

As for Melissa Remick she has this to say to us

""I was so blessed to work with such amazing talent/ good people over at Fox40 for 9 years. Back in 2006 my husband and I decided to homeschool our children. During that time management was extremely flexible with me regarding my schedule and allowed me to work on Friday nights only. I never worked at Fox40 under a contract. My position was always considered freelance. For years, it was the best of both worlds.

New management took over recently, and that part time schedule became no longer available. Since I am committed to homeschooling my kids, I said goodbye to 40. I will absolutely miss the adventure of reporting, but I know that I've made the right decision for my family.

I just want to publicly thank my husband Tony for all his support through the years. He moved with me all over the country as I started my career in broadcasting. New Jersey, Montana, New York, and finally California. He helped make a dream come true. Thanks Tony.. for believing in me. : )

None of us know what the future will bring, so I'm not saying I'm out of broadcasting forever. Only time will tell what's going to happen next. But for now, my husband and kids are happy to have me home on Friday nights."""

No comments: